Wednesday 8 May 2013

Art Deco Vintage Inspired Crystal Hair Slides

Over the years my crafting supplies have taken over  half of my bedroom which I share with my ever patient husband.  I have everything from paper to material, sterling silver jewellery findings to a huge selection of Swarovski crystals and pearls in so many shapes and colours. 

I also have an every growing supply of crystal diamante pieces and it's with these that I've been doing a lot of my current designing around, especially when I've been creating products for Wedding And Gems.  

A lot of the time I'll take a something that was created originally for a completely difference purpose and make a few modification so it can be created into something else.

Take these for example.



Those round diamantes motifs actually come in a pair.  Together they form a clasp but I don't particularly like the shape that this clasp creates when it's together so I choose to use them apart.  The designs pretty simple, a round circles of crystals with a square centre, normal everyday geometric shapes often seen in vintage art deco design.

I designed this originally as bridal accessories but I can't see any reason why they couldn't be used for other special occasions.  Because they are on matching hair slides they can be placed anywhere.

Vintage is huge in the wedding industry at the moment so if you're looking for more vintage style accessories, then check out what's in stock at Wedding And Gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment